Friday, May 06, 2005

MY THOUGHTS

Simple thoughts, simple mind living in a world of complicated processes and functionality.
How is one suppose to live life without giving much thought to anything. I sometimes feel like I’m leading 2 lives. On one hand I think and carefully try to plot out the journey of my life through practicality and pure logic and sense, and on the other I try my best to live my life by the faith I have in Gods word and the exemplary manner in which Jesus Christ led his life here on earth. Kind of a irony if you think about it....and sometimes I get questioned by my friends about the will of God and the plans he has for our lives. Do we even have a choice about how we lead our life…whats the deal with having to make decisions when all of them seem to have been made for us already…is this some kind of proletarian trick being played on us? What about things like free will and expression? I mean if God has already picked and chosen our life partners for us then why go through all the hassle of dating, making a good impression, trying to understand the opposite sex, going through nights trying to wreak your brains out to figure out how to get back with your girlfriend, hoping and praying that since you are unattached that you have not also been degraded to the lowest form of scum on the face of the planet. If we are assured a partner shouldn’t we not walk around with real confidence, knowing that no matter how badly we look or screw up in relationships we’ll be alright, then again the Word also teaches of responsibility and using the wisdom the God…it also says in the Bible that being single is a blessing from God…I’m sure that would be a little hard for some of us to swallow yes.

These are logic based questions and comments yes…I mean if I was a free thinker and had some decent education I would probably ask the same questions. Thus asking and questioning something one is not willing to put into practice and to understand is always easier yes. I mean some ppl ask these kindsa questions just to stumble, confuse and push our ‘react’ buttons. It’s so easy to fault anyone who practices a religion that does not allow any grey areas. Cause if we do allow ourselves to think out of the box* thoughts, ideals and moral values that are not taught in the Bible* and someone questions us about how we conveniently allow ourselves to do that,…we stop and think....*well some of us don’t* we’re bothered by the fact that apart from the worldly stress, we also have to deal with religious moral issues…we’re left with angry thoughts of unfairness and trials & tribulations you could do without! Not an uncommon reaction…since we think we’re at the losing end of any situation we think we could take advantage of, if only we could use some worldly methods…if we allow more of ourselves to be practitioners of worldly ways then how can we really experience God’s teachings in our lives if we don’t allow God to enter our minds first before any other thoughts. Be honest here…what is the first thing you think about when you get up? Is it God? Or the fact that you’re still alive and well only through his grace and mercy? Or do thoughts of work, bank statements, projects, assignments…your loved ones swamp you. Remember you only have what you because God is in your life. and when the Commandment said “thou shall not use the Lords name in vain” it does not only mean saying stuff like Jesus!!..., Christ!!..., Why God!!?..., Jesus Mary and Joseph!!.... but it also means that Gods names should not be used for ones own convenience like a trump card played in times of desperation, using his name while gaining self glorification is the lowest form of appeal…and using his name in an uneducated manner can lead to the stumbling of fellow followers and even non believers which would be greatly displeasing to God I’m sure. I assure you readers I have fallen into these traps myself and it saddens me deeply when I think about it….but we are forgiven and allowed to learn from our mistakes.

During a DG lesson in church. We did a reading from the book of Titus. It was brilliant.
I encourage all who have a Bible to read Chapter 2. Let me finish this blog with a small exert.

“ For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self –controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, while we wait for the blessed hope- the glorious appearing of our God and Saviour, Jesus Christ, who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good…”
Titus 2 vs 11-14

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?