Saturday, January 15, 2005

SLEEP

I don’t really get much sleep these days and I don’t really know why. I mean before I had cancer I would sleep like a baby…well there’s really nothing adorable about a 6ft tall baby….so I think I’ll say I slept like a log, a very ugly dead piece of wood ….if there was someone at the door of my house…ringin the bell tirelessly and they wanted in…disappointed they would be, My Dad would always say that even if a bloody war started I would still be sleeping. Hey!! I don’t see the point in fighting…I’d surrender anyways so why not do it sleeping.

I guess the problem of sleeping came about when I started having my digestive troubles. Would get up in the middle of the night to puke whatever I had for dinner and that’s not cool folks. The fact that I worked shifts did nothing good for my sleep cycle. While everyone was asleep I would be cooking breakfast for 800 people and while folks were out working I would be home sleeping, I did have the chance to sleep like any other normal person every third week of the month,…and sometimes there was no sleep. I was one very confused individual.

Then there’s the chemotherapy of course which is a total sleep killer. I mean this bastard kept me up for like 2 days in a row until I had to sleep from pure exhaustion. The doctors gave me sleeping pills…its either too strong or too weak…and I hate pill induced sleep. You get up the next day feeling all dazed and shit. And recently when I had my kidneys punctured they pumped me with so much morphine…one night when Eugene and Cindy came to visit me I was so out of it that I did not even know they were there. And its not like I could do without the morphine….the pain was truly unbearable for once in my life. Pill…liquid and injected morphine…meds that totally numb the pain and lets you have the rest you so crave. I’m talking about even something like a 15min nap was heaven.

When I got back home from the hospital and saw the kick ass bed my God mom had bought for me I thought that would be the end of my sleep troubles. I was so very wrong…it took me such a long time to detoxify my body and sleep without the constant twitching and turning….and that niggling feeling you just want to squeeze out but there’s jack you can do about it.

I did sleep for a bit.

Now its just back to the same old crap. Well…the fact that I do get some sleep sometimes is cool with me. I reckon I just have more awake time on my hands. I’ve already read more books…downloaded a whole bunch of MP3’s…watched rerun cartoon episodes from futurama, the critic, king of the hill and monty python. I write my blogs at weird ass times. No worries….while most of the country is sleeping I hang with snoop…daft punk and LL Cool J.

And I look forward to a pretty sunrise and a handsome breakfast.

For those of you who have the luxury of having a good nights sleep. Treasure it.
For those of you who don’t want to sleep. Give it.
For those who can’t get any sleep. Sign up and have a seat.

Comments:
hey bro.. didnt know there was so much of a hassle regarding something i take for granted... like sleeping... hope that it's getting a little better and once chemo starts you'll have a plan to just beat the insomnia bug.. we'll go play bball daily okay... and swim...
 
in speedos. HAW HAW. how sexae
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?