Wednesday, August 27, 2003

heres a letter i wrote about my visit to the doctor on tuesday.

Thought I’d write you a lil something about my visit to the cancer center today.
The news I got today left me neither devastated or shattered. If I have not already told you…I have already dealt with the issue of life and death and am most comfortable with it. That was not meant to scare you or anything like that…if anything it should assure you about the great comfort we can seek in our faith and strength we can draw from it.

From the best of my knowledge and what I picked up from my oncologist. The tumor has neither shrunk or become bigger. Its so hard to say because the mass itself is an inconceivable shape. The parts that were smaller in the first scan are now bigger whiles the parts that were bigger in the first scan are now smaller. If the tumor has spread it has done so in a small way…it has in no way spread to any major organs, which is cool. I do have something else to worry about…its only suspected but comes as quite a concern. I complained about some back aches which go around my waist area. They suspect that the tumor might be pressing up against my spine….which in a worst case scenario could lead to paralysis of my legs and some other not good stuff….laughs!
I’ll be going for a MRI scan tomorrow. Seeing the doctor the next day and prob go to the hospital again on Friday for a check up on my wound site. Another week spent at the hospital,….*sign*. I hope the scan turns out negative…cause if there is something wrong then I have to be admitted and go for treatment. That’s about it actually…..

I truly believe the path I have walked so far has taught me that God allows certain things to happen for his greater will in our lives. I always look at the bigger pic…always! And God has blessed me with the strength that only he can give. Be encouraged!! And live your life to God’s fullest!

I guess I’ll just leave it at that…..
Do take care of yourself and have a good week ahead of you.
Lots of hugs and loads of love…

Kelvin d.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?